Effective Date: May 1, 2014 (last updated: December 26, 2017)
Terms of Service
BY USING, ACCESSING, VIEWING, CRAWLING, SCRAPING, OR BROWSING THE SERVICE, YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THROUGH IT, AND TERMINATE SUCH USE, ACCESS, VIEWING, CRAWLING, SCRAPING, OR BROWSING IF YOU ARE UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
“Use” means engaging in any of the following activities: accessing, viewing, crawling, scraping, engaging with or browsing the Service or its Content.
“User” means any person or entity that engages in any Use.
“Content” means any materials, content or form of input or communication on the Service, such as text, audio, and visuals such as images, videos, and photos.
“Member” means a User who has been accepted for membership with the Service and can access member-only features, which may include but are not necessarily limited to viewing job opportunities, submitting job opportunities, participating in peer review processes with respect to potential members (e.g., by voting on applicant qualifications), and inviting others to apply for membership.
2. Eligibility. You affirm that you are over 18 years of age or possess the consent of your legal parent or guardian to enter into this Agreement, and that you are fully able and competent to enter into this Agreement and to comply with its terms. The Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. Users who are accessing the Service or posting content for or on behalf of a company, entity, or organization must be authorized representatives of such company, entity, or organization who meet the foregoing eligibility requirements. Authorized representatives agree to bind the company, entity, or organization to this Agreement and represent and warrant that they have the authority to do so.
3. Changes to the Agreement. This Agreement may be modified from time to time. Notification of these modifications will be made through the posting of an updated version on the Service. Be sure to revisit this Agreement often in order to stay knowledgeable of any modifications, as they will automatically be binding on you as a User. Any modifications to this Agreement will take effect immediately upon posting. Your continued Use of the Service after modifications have been posted serves as an indication of your acceptance of the modifications and your agreement to comply with them.
4. Service Availability and Restrictions on Access. We reserve the right to make updates, revisions and modifications to the Service at any time, for any reason, at our discretion. The Service may be discontinued at any time without notice, accountability, or liability. We reserve the right to use any means necessary to prevent unauthorized access to the Service. We are not responsible to monitor any Users or Your Content. However, if we have reason to suspect that the Agreement has been violated, we reserve the right to investigate the incident and the Users we believe are involved and block such Users from the Service.
5. Ownership. The Service, its Content and the information which it contains is our property and/or the property of our affiliates and licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
6. Use of the Service; Registration and Membership.
A. Usernames, Passwords and Screen Names; Interaction with the Service. Some or all of the materials available on Service may require prior registration, an application for membership, or a membership to access. If you decide to register or apply for membership, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name, email address or screen name that is already being used by another account; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion. You will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password used to access the Service, and will be fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username, password and/or account. You agree that you will immediately notify us of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your username, password and/or account, or any other breach of security. In any event, you will be solely responsible for your use of and interaction with the Service (including without limitation for any information you may submit to us via email).
B. Submission of Personal Information and Career Information. When you register with the Service, make updates to your information, or submit a membership application to the Service, you will be required to provide certain personal information. In addition, certain features of the Service may allow or require you to submit your LinkedIn profile information and/or other career-related information to us (collectively, “Career Information”). You agree that we have the right, but not the obligation, to attempt to verify your personal information and Career Information in conjunction with information about you that we may obtain from outside sources (e.g., from other career websites and data services). You represent and warrant that all information that you submit or make available to us is true, accurate and complete, and that you will update this information promptly when it changes. If we suspect that your information is untrue or inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we may, in our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your right to access the Service or any material for which registration, membership application or membership is required.
C. Submission of Job Opportunities to the Service. If you submit any job opportunities to the Service – whether by posting them in the Service, sending them to us by email, or otherwise – you are solely responsible for ensuring that you have all necessary rights and clearances to provide such job opportunities to us, and that your provision of such information to us does not and will not violate any agreements, contracts or understandings to which you are bound.
- We may use your Service usage information, personal information and Career Information to understand the type of job you are qualified for and the type of job you are seeking, to personalize the job listings you may see on the Service, and to share relevant information and showcase you to hiring firms and recruiters who have job opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you. Information that we share with hiring firms and recruiters may also include publicly available information about you that is posted on third party websites (for a example, links to your LinkedIn page, Twitter handle, Crunchbase profile, etc.) (collectively, “Publicly Available Information”).
- We may also from time to time make a search functionality available on the Service whereby hiring firms and recruiters can search for candidates by qualifications, and you agree that your information may appear in such search results (including data such as name, location, industry, Career Information and Publicly Available Information).
- Your contact information may also be shared with relevant recruiters and hiring firms, and you agree that you may be contacted by such persons or entities regarding job opportunities.
- Except in cases where your information is shared with recruiters or hiring firms as described above, your contact information will not be available to other Members without your prior consent.
E. Testimonials. If you submit testimonials to us, you hereby grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, transferable, irrevocable license and right to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such testimonials (in whole or in part), in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
F. Membership; Voting; Points; All Decisions Final and Binding. The Service strives to only accept applicants who we believe, at our sole discretion, to be at an executive level in their current career. The Service uses proprietary methods to determine whether an individual meets this criteria, and such methods and criteria may change from time to time. In cases in which the Service is not able to definitely determine an applicant’s status based on the foregoing criteria, the applicant may be put into a “peer review” process on the Service which exposes the applicant’s LinkedIn profile to current Members selected by the Service (typically up to 7 Members), and such current Members may vote on whether to grant membership to such applicant (a majority vote is typically required). Some votes may carry more weight than others, based upon on a voting Member’s status and activity level with the Service over time. Some features on the Service may be available to Members based upon a points system (e.g., it may be possible for a Member to see the job details or contact information with respect to a job opportunity only after the Member has earned a certain number of points). Points can earned by Members by: (1) contributing a job opportunity; (2) participating in a peer review (e.g., voting on prospective Member qualifications); (3) inviting others to apply for membership; and/or (4) such other methods as determined by us from time to time. IN ANY EVENT, ALL DECISIONS MADE BY US OR BY OTHER MEMBERS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DECISIONS AS TO WHETHER TO GRANT MEMBERSHIP, AS TO THE COUNTING AND WEIGHTING OF VOTES, AS TO THE GRANTING OF POINTS, AS TO MATCHING MEMBERS WITH JOB OPPORTUNITIES, AND AS TO ALL OTHER MATTERS OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE RELATING TO THE SERVICE), ARE FINAL AND BINDING, AND ARE MADE AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND/OR THAT OF OUR MEMBERS. YOU HEREBY FOREVER WAIVE, AND AGREE TO RELEASE US, ALL OTHER USERS AND MEMBERS, AND ALL PARTIES RELATED THERETO, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM INJURY, LOSS, COST, EXPENSE, DISSATISFACTION, HARM OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM ANY SUCH DECISIONS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, LOST PROFITS, LOST WAGES, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR OTHERWISE).
7. Restrictions on Use. During the term of this Agreement, you are granted permission to access and view the Service for career-related purposes only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title. This license will automatically terminate if you violate any of the restrictions contained in this Agreement. This license may also be terminated by us at any time. You agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and with all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations. You agree to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. You agree that you will NOT participate or engage in, nor encourage or aid others to participate or engage in, directly of indirectly, any of the following activities:
- Submission of any Content that you are prohibited from submitting by law or by any agreement, contract or understanding to which you are bound;
- Submission of any Content that you do not have all necessary rights to provide;
- Using the Service, engaging in any activities or posting any Content that violates, infringes or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property right, right of privacy or publicity, right of confidentiality, or other personal or proprietary right;
- Submitting any Content containing any matter that is false, misleading, unlawful, obscene, indecent, illegal, libelous, defamatory, infringing, pornographic, threatening, abusive, or tortuous, or Using the Service as a means to harass, or advocate the harassment of, another person or entity, or to threaten, stalk, defraud, or interfere with another User’s use of the Service;
- Modifying, reproducing or copying the Service or its Content; attempting to decompile, disassemble, distribute, translate, adapt or reverse engineer any software, Content or elements contained on the Service or create any derivative works therefrom; removing any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Service; or transferring the Content to another person or “mirroring” the Content on any other server;
- Impersonating any person or organization;
- Without our prior written approval, Using the Service for commercial or promotional purposes (except that if you are a recruiter or hiring firm, you may use the Service to locate suitable candidates for job opportunities);
- Using the Service for keyword spamming or attempting to influence organic search results;
- Using the Service to express viewpoints that have the potential to be interpreted as prejudiced or discriminatory;
- Using the Service for solicitation of material from minors, or in any manner that could bring about potential harm to minors;
- Using the Service to crack passwords or security encryption codes, disrupt, work around or interfere with security measures, or otherwise use the Service for any purpose that interferes with security or causes harm to the Service or Content;
- Use the Service or Content as a means of transmitting destructive items such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any devices, software or routine designed to interfere with the proper working order of the Service or Users’ computers or devices, or perform data mining;
- Attempting to access, index, or retrieve Content or the purpose of populating another database through the use of any automated device, robot, spider, or site search/retrieval application. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy public-facing materials from the Service for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such public-facing materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
- Attempting to gain unlicensed admission to the Service, any of its computer systems or networks connected thereto by means of hacking, password mining, or any other illegal or unethical means;
- Reformatting or framing any part of the Service;
- Imposing a load that is unreasonable or too large on the Service’s infrastructure, or make unnecessary traffic demands.
8. Your Content.
A. You may submit Content to us or to the Service, such as the submission of a job opportunity, sending an invitation to a prospective Member, participating in a peer review process, or submitting testimonials about the Service (collectively referred to as “Your Content”). Whether or not any of Your Content is published, you agree that we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Your Content (with the exception of peer reviews, which will remain confidential). Your contact information will not be available to other Members without your prior consent, provided, however, that your contact information may be shared with recruiter and hiring firms who have job opportunities that we believe are relevant to you.
B. You are solely responsible for Your Content and for the consequences of submitting it. You represent, and/or warrant that you own or have all the necessary licenses, rights and permissions to use and authorize us to use Your Content, including all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights therein in the manner contemplated by this Agreement. You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse any of Your Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Your Content.
C. If you provide feedback to us regarding the Service, Content, or any other matters (“Feedback”), you authorize us to use that Feedback without restriction and without payment to you. Accordingly, you hereby grant to us perpetual and irrevocable license to use the Feedback for any purpose. You represent and warrant that your Feedback does not contain any materials, Content or information that are confidential or proprietary to any third parties.
9. Content Feeds. From time to time, certain Content from the Service (excluding contact information of Members, recruiters and hiring firms) may be made accessible to Users through Real Simple Syndication (RSS), Atom feeds and/or other feed functionality (the “Feeds”). Feeds may not be used for commercial purposes. Any display of feeds on your web site must also offer conspicuous links to applicable pages of the Service, with acknowledgment to the Service as the original source. You must not suggest, through use or display of Feeds, that we or the Service endorse or support any third-party causes, websites, products or services. You must not redistribute Feeds. Your use of the Feeds must comply with this Agreement including but not limited to the restrictions in Section 7.
A. You may discontinue your Use of the Service at any time. If you are a Member, you may discontinue your membership by sending an email to email@example.com and requesting that your account be closed. Please include your name and email address associated with the Service, in your account closure request. Following closure of your account, you must cease Use of the Service. Any job opportunities that you previously contributed to the Service may remain available on the Service following your account closure.
B. We reserve the right to suspend or revoke (temporarily or permanently) your Use of the Service at any time and for any reason, without notice or liability. If we suspect that you have violated any provision of this Agreement, we may also seek any other available legal remedy. Your rights under this Agreement will terminate automatically if you breach any part of this Agreement. You remain solely liable for all obligations related to your Use, even after you have stopped using the Service.
C. We reserve the right to decide whether Your Content is appropriate and complies with this Agreement. We may remove any or all of Your Content at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make formatting changes to Your Content.
D. All Sections that, by their nature, are intended to survive termination or expiration of this Agreement, shall so survive (including without limitation Sections 1, 3, 4, 5, 6E, 6F, 7, 8B, 8C, 9, 10D and 11 through 15).
11. Copyright Notices. We will respond to properly submitted notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In the event that a person or entity has a good faith belief that its Content is being displayed on or through the Service in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement (such person or entity, a “Complainant”) and sends to us a properly submitted copyright notice as indicated below, we will investigate, and if we determine, in our discretion, that the material is infringing, we will remove the Content (and may terminate the access of the User who posted such Content to the Service, where applicable, in the case of Users who are repeat infringers). All notices claiming an infringement of copyright rights must contain the following:
(i) Identification of the intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed. All relevant registration numbers, or a statement concerning the Complainant’s ownership of the work, should be included.
(ii) A statement specifically identifying the location of the infringing material, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service. Please note: it is not sufficient to merely provide a top level URL.
(iii) The complete name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of Complainant.
(iv) A statement stating that Complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the owner of the rights, their agents, or by law.
(v) A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under the penalty of perjury, Complainant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other property rights that are allegedly infringed;
(vi) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights that are allegedly being infringed.
Our contact information for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
49 W 38th St
New York, NY 10018
12. Warranties, Disclaimers, and Limitations of Liability.
A. NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE BY US AS TO (1) THE SERVICE OR ITS OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY, (2) THE SAFETY, USEFULNESS, LEGALITY, QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, INTEGRITY AND ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY CONTENT OR MATERIAL ON THE SERVICE, (3) THE ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERACTION BETWEEN OR AMONG USERS ON THE SERVICE; OR (4) ANY JOB OPPORTUNITIES, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES POSTED, PROMOTED, DISTRIBUTED OR SOLD BY USERS, ADVERTISERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON THE SERVICE. ALL CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SERVICE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS.
B. WE DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
C. WE DO NOT ACCEPT, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE USERS, BUSINESSES OR ADVERTISERS WHO POST, MAKE AVAILABLE OR DISTRIBUTE ANY CONTENT OR ADVERTISING ON THE SERVICE. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER USERS, THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS, OR PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
D. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, YOUR CONTENT, ANY JOB OPPORTUNITIES OR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE OR ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICE, OR YOUR DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE USERS, BUSINESSES OR ADVERTISERS WHO POST, MAKE AVAILABLE OR DISTRIBUTE ANY CONTENT OR ADVERTISING ON THE SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR REPUTATIONAL HARM, LOST PROFITS, LOST WAGES, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IF YOU RESIDE IN SUCH A JURISDICTION, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
E. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE USERS, YOU RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL AND DIRECT AND INDIRECT) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES.
F. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
G. OUR MAXIMUM TOTAL LIABILITY (AND THAT OF OUR AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND AGENTS) TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM UNDER OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (I) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US FOR USE OF THE SERVICE DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE ON WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE, OR (II) $25.00.
H. THE ABOVE ALLOCATION OF RISK IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 12 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
I. THE SERVICE IS CONTROLLED AND OFFERED BY US FROM OUR FACILITIES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SERVICE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO AT THEIR OWN VOLITION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAW.
13. Indemnity. You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our parents, subsidiaries, licensors, affiliates, suppliers and partners, and the officers, employees, agents and representatives of each of them from and against any and all costs, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses, debts and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) arising from or related to: (i) your Use of the Service, (ii) Your Content; (iii) your violation of any of the terms and conditions in this Agreement, and/or (iv) any infringement or violation by you or a third party that may be using your account of any intellectual property right, proprietary right or other right of any person or entity. You may not settle any claim without our prior written consent. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive this Agreement and your termination of Use of the Service.
15. Miscellaneous. This Agreement is governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located within New York County, New York for all matters arising under this Agreement. You and us agree to bring any dispute on an individual basis only, and not as a class or collective action. There will be no right or authority for any dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement. The captions in this Agreement are solely for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. This is the entire Agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by a new posting by us as described above. This Agreement does not provide you with the authority to bind us in any way whatsoever. No waiver shall be constituted due to a failure on our part to exercise or enforce any of the rights or provisions outlined within this Agreement. If any part of these terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. You shall not assign this Agreement. Any assignment made in violation of this Agreement will be void. We reserve the right to transfer or assign these Terms of Service or the Agreement without restriction. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action against us arising out of or related to use of the Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. All notices to us in connection with this Agreement will be deemed given as of the day they are received either by email, messenger, delivery service, or in the U.S. Mail, postage prepaid, certified or registered, return receipt requested, and addressed as follows or to such other address as we may designate pursuant to this notice provision. Notices to us shall be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following mailing address:
49 W 38th St
New York, NY 10018
Notices to you may be sent via email to the email address you have provided as part of your registration information.
This Policy describes how we treat personal information on the websites where the policy is located, which includes www.ExecThread.com. This policy does not describe how we treat information we get from other sources. By interacting with us, you consent to these practices.
We collect information from and about you.
We collect contact information. For example, we might collect your name, email address, phone number and LinkedIn profile if you contact us through the site or via email.
We collect information you submit or post. We collect information when you contact us.
We collect other information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
We collect information in different ways.
We collect information directly from you. For example, if you contact us.
We may collect information from you passively. We might use tracking tools like browser cookies. We may collect information about you from other sources (e.g. other job-related websites or data services) in an effort to verify the information that you submitted to us.
We use information as disclosed and described here.
We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to respond to your request for a product demonstration if you apply for a job with us, if you submit a job to us, or if you refer a member to us.
We use information to improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, and our websites.
We may use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about new products and special offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
We use information to communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you about your account or feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy or our website Terms.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
We may share information with third parties.
We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may share information with vendors who perform services for us. We may also share information with companies that operate our websites or send emails for us.
We may use your site usage information, personal information and career information to understand the type of job you are qualified for and the type of job you are seeking, to personalize the job listings you may see on the site, and to share your information and showcase you to hiring firms, recruiters and other persons or entities who may have job opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you (and you agree that you may be contacted by such person or entities for such purpose).
We may also from time to time make a search functionality available on the Service whereby hiring firms and recruiters can search for candidates by qualifications, and you agree that your information may appear in such search results (including data such as name, location, industry, career information, and links to publicly available information about you).
When you invite a prospective member to join the Service, we may store your connection to that person.
When you register with us, you will be added to our email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email newsletter that we send to you.
If you are a recruiter, hiring manager or other person or entity that is involved in hiring or executive recruiting, we may share job opportunities that you submit, including your contact information, with those of our members who we believe may be interested in such job opportunities.
We may share information with our business partners. For example, we may share information with third parties who co-sponsor a promotion. These partners may send you information about events and products by mail or email.
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You have certain choices about sharing and marketing practices.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, or please click the unsubscribe link in the email. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages, which include responses to your questions.
You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Your California Privacy Rights.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email, or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
These Sites and children.
Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
We store information in the United States.
Information we maintain may be stored both within and outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
We use standard security measures.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
We may link to other sites or have third party services on our site we don’t control.
You may contact us to see a copy of, or make corrections to, your personal information, or to request closure of your account. You may request a copy of your personal information from us, or ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information, by contacting us at email@example.com. If you would like us to close your account, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and email address associated with the account. If you ask for your account to be closed, we will do this as soon as reasonably possible, subject to any applicable terms and conditions relating to the account. Personal information from closed accounts may be retained in order to comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud or resolve disputes.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
49 W 38th St
New York, NY 10018
We may update this Policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
Last updated: December 21, 2017